In order to submit a regular paper to ROBIO 2016, please follow the customary electronic submission process via PaperPlaza. You can also submit a video as a supplementary material along with your manuscript, for instance to demonstrate your experimental results.
- You are going to submit a single PDF that has to conform to the manuscript preparation guidelines. In particular, you should use the provided templates and check the PDF for compliance within PaperPlaza.
- http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/tex.php (Latex template)
- http://ras.papercept.net/conferences/support/word.php (Word temple)
- Paper size: As for IEEE conferences, the paper size for submission must be A4.
- Paper format: Two-column format in the IEEE style is required.
- Page limit: For the first submission, a manuscript can be of 6-8 pages. For the final submission, a manuscript should be of 6 pages, with 2 additional pages allowed but at an extra charge.
- PDF file: A manuscript file needs to be converted into its PDF version for submission. Please limit the size of the PDF file to be 2 Mb.
- Templates and IEEE eXpress compliance: See guidelines on manuscript preparation in PaperPlaza.
During the conference, a Digest will be distributed to all participants. Please prepare one (and only one) PowerPoint slide that illustrates your paper. Use the ROBIO 2016 Digest Template. Please do not change the template and keep fonts and font sizes as preset in the template. Please also note that the digest will be printed in black and white.
Multimedia Attachment Submission (Optional)
Optional Multimedia materials (e.g. videos, enhanced pictures, audio files, experimental dataset, etc. – all limited to one minute duration) can be added to supplement contributed papers. All video contributions (a self-contained 1 minute video connected with a paper submitted to ROBIO 2016) must consist of a mpeg file (max 10 MB), that will be included on the CD/DVD proceedings.
Video.mpeg: It is mandatory to use the most common media formats (mpg, mpeg 1 or mpeg 4). Videos should not use special codecs (coders/decoders) in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible. Any other extensions will be blocked. The video contributions should not have any commercial pitch and the authors of each video must have clear copyright of the audio and visual content.
You may upload the attachment during submission, or do this later by logging in as author for this conference with your PIN and password and following the appropriate link. You may upload or re-upload this attachment until the submission deadline July 30, 2016.
Plagiarism and Excessive Re-use of Author’s Earlier Material:
The contents of the manuscripts should be original and they should not being submitted simultaneously for consideration towards publication in another conference or journal. All submissions will be checked by the iThenticate tool for plagiarism and self-plagiarism. In cases of plagiarism or self-plagiarism all results will be reported to IEEE for further investigation.
Similarity Index Explanation:
The similarity index does not reflect iThenticate‘s assessment of whether a paper has or has not been plagiarized. Similarity Reports are simply a tool to help our editorial board find sources that contain text similar to the submitted documents. The similarity score is a “cumulative” sum of similarity scores with all documents in the CrossCheck database and as such a high similarity does not automatically imply plagiarism (for example you may be using segments from a technical report of yours). The decision to deem any work plagiarized is made carefully, and only after an in depth examination of both the submitted paper and sources that have similar text.
Direct Link to PaperPlaza: https://ras.papercept.net/